Been A While

Where to begin?

Jeepers! So much to do, and the time just keeps moving. We all have the same number of minutes in a day, it's just how we choose to use them that makes us productive / successful or not. I must constantly remind myself of this, as I often feel that being lazy would be a better option. I have a running list of the daily tasks needing completion, which never seems to dwindle.

On Monday I decided I would rake the front lawn. There were so many leaves that I couldn't stand looking at it anymore. So, I brought out the rake with the intention of raking half on Monday and finishing on Tuesday. Well, I just couldn't stop in the middle, so I have multiple piles of leaves hanging out and rotting in my front yard. On Tuesday I started bagging the leaves, only to have a neighbor stop over and inform us of our other neighbor across the street's passing. His name is Dick Cook, and he and his wife, G.J. are amazingly nice people. He will be missed even though we did not know him for a more than a few months. It's amazing how much impact one person can make on a life in such a short period of time. It makes me realize that every day I am making some sort of impact on the people I encounter. I better be on my best behavior!! :-) Nonetheless, I had to run to Seedlings (my new fav. book/gift store) and pick up a sympathy card, and then bake cookies to take over to G.J.

(I still have multiple piles of leaves rotting in the front yard - and now it is raining out. I guess I might be bagging wet leaves tonight... Bummer!)

Aside from that, I have as much done as I can do right now for house projects. I'm just awating the completion of our master and downstairs bathrooms so our house will finally be fully functioning. I really can hardly wait. Then I can CLEAN and feel better about the condition of our house. :-) Maybe I can start doing a little more decorating, instead of just putting things up here and there - not knowing how to really set things up how I want them. (Do you sense my frustration?) We are going to lay laminate in our dining room and kitchen. I'm really hoping it's a speedy process because I do NOT want my floors halfway complete for weeks on end.

Ok, Enough complaining.
Stay healthy - feed your soul - take your supplements - eat well - exercise - be happy

Lata!

Comments

Popular Posts