Go Colts!

Over the past 3 years I have become a football fan, particularly rooting for the Indianapolis Colts. I think my love of football began when we moved into a home with a fireplace in the same room we used as a T.V. room, and by default I watched (or fell asleep to) many football games. As the season continued, however, I started asking questions and learning how the game worked, and who the players were. I must say that I am certainly no expert, but I now understand why Darek and 'the guys' are so into watching the games. In reality, it's a great way to spend time together, rooting for victory or amazing comebacks in the teams we love. That being said, I am thrilled that it is the first football Sunday in 2009!! We will watch the Vikings game, of course - considering that they are our home team - but I will be following my Colts online. :-) Who knows, maybe someday my love for the Colts will be that strong for the Vikings as well.
It's really Tony Dungy that made the difference in who I root for. It was a sad day for me when he announced his retirement from coaching football, but I know he is dedicated to great work in this great nation, and I commend him for that. I love that he could bring his Christian perspective and influence to the lives of many professional athletes and their families. God knows we need 'real' heroes and good examples in the sports community.

Alrighty - now it's time to get a few things taken care of around the house before kickoff. My Emily (Darek's sister, and my closest friend) and I have a fantasy football league this year (for the first time ever) and we play Darek this week. Sorry Darek, but I think we are going to win this week. ;) Our team name is Purses & Shoes!! Fitting, right?? It was going to be Burberry Purses & Loubouiton Shoes, but that name didn't quite fit into the 'Name Field' on ESPN. So, we decided that Purses & Shoes was perfect for us. (And yes, our QB is Peyton Manning!) Go team Girls!

I have failed to mention my love of baseball thus far, but will save that for another post.

More to come at a later date!
Signing Off - StephyFaye

Comments

  1. Go Purses & Shoes! Er I mean Pures & Shoes! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully I have changed our team name. :-) Purses-n-Shoes!! :-) We will win for sure next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! i will kinda miss pures & shoes! sad! lol! j/k! maybe all of darek's players will choke tonight? we can believe for that right? lol! happy daying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we lost our first matchup by 1 point. Stinker!! We were tied for a while, but the last player that Darek had earned him the winning point. Don't worry - we will be back!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts