Spring??? / Early Father's Day

It's hard to know where the time has gone. I know my parents always told me that the older I got, the faster time would go. Well, I definitely know what they mean. By the way, where was spring?? I'm pretty sure I haven't seen Spring's presence yet... Hmmm...

Once again, I have been a little tardy in my blog updates. I will tell you that all is well on the baby front. He's moving all over the place, and keeping me running to the restroom often. :-) A Happy, Healthy baby is growing and preparing to greet us very soon!

We are pretty well prepared for his arrival. I know I mentioned this previously, but we just picked up our car seat today from Babies 'r' Us. We are extremely grateful to my parents for this gift. Baby Schwarz will be very happy as well, as this is a great car seat!!

We are looking forward to having it all checked out by the safety experts at City Hall, so we know the baby will be safe when we travel home from the hospital. We were also very blessed to find a brand new extra base for 50% off at Target recently. We will be set with transportation not only inside the car, but outside as well.

Darek's co-workers at Target threw us an amazing baby shower this past Friday! THANK YOU to all who planned and attended this event!! We had a great time, and received many wonderful gifts from some very generous people. Baby 'S' will be traveling in style in his new Jeep Wrangler stroller. :-) (We were told that you just flip a switch and the all wheel drive kicks in... haha)




The nursery is pretty well set up. We received two cribs; One that belonged to my parents (& was loaned to a friend for a few years), and another from one of Darek's co-workers. We received both of them recently, and decided to set up the one from Darek's co-worker because it will easily convert into a toddler bed once the actual crib is no longer needed. The other crib will be blessing another friend of ours who is having their fourth child in August. We have been SO blessed and are glad to pass that on to our friends!

You may have noticed that we have not shared our baby's name yet. That is simply due to the fact that we do not have a name for him yet. We do need to agree on a few so we can at least have a starting point when we get to the hospital to deliver him. (I think he will appreciate having a name). Darek mentions 'Darek Jr.' quite often, but that has never been agreed upon. I am determined to find a name that we can Both agree on. (Aside from our lack of deciding, we will not be sharing the name before he is born. So, for those of you that really want to know the name ahead of time, sorry! We will not be sharing...)

We have been to a few Twins games recently, which is always fun. Target Field is just a great atmosphere for a relaxing date night. :-) Darek was at the game tonight with some friends for a bachelor party on behalf of Scotty. Such a great idea!! A few short years ago, my good friend Julie had her bachelorette party at a Twins game, however it was at the Metrodome. (You know - that stadium that the Vikings still play at... as long as the roof is fixed). ;) Such a fun experience, though. You can't beat Twins baseball for any event.

On that note, today I surprised Darek with a pre-Father's Day gift. We took a guided tour of Target Field!! It was a lot of fun, and we both learned a lot of little pieces of history about the Twins, Target Field, and some former and current players. Finally, I was able to not only surprise him, but I gave him a gift that he actually liked!! :-) That's a feat for me!


What's a great day without some delicious food? We decided to spend the rest of the afternoon downtown and we ate at the famous Key's cafe & Bakery. We shared a delicious caramel roll, and a steak sandwich. I must add that we both thought the fries were phenomenal! The cole slaw was also delicious - oh, and so was the steak!! We really enjoyed ourselves, and it made for a very fun pre-Father's Day outing.
I love you very much, Darek! You are going to be an amazing father!!!

I must get a little shut-eye now. I hear my pillow calling my name!
Until we meet again,
Steph

Comments

  1. You look so cute Stephanie!! I bet you're getting super excited and more than ready for the big day-I know I am! We're almost there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts