Crafty / It's Shower time!

I was inspired by another friend's blog to make something as a keepsake for my child. I am not overly crafty, and I have limited creativity and skill when it comes to this sort of thing, so I was having an internal conflict on what I could make. I learned to knit, crochet, cross stitch and sew at a young age, but did not develop any long term skills. However, I am still able to sew a little bit. There was a really cute onesie on a website recently that I thought I could certainly replicate. This is a classic 'Darek outfit' so I knew right away that it would be the perfect idea. I stopped by JoAnn Fabric's and bought some elastic and cute striped fabric! Here is the end result:

Darek modeling the Tuxedo Onesie

We also had Emily's 1st baby shower this weekend. It was a very successful event!! Family, Friends, Fun, and lots of baby goodies to welcome baby 'ducky' into this world! Emily is now Squeaky Clean! :-) (I was hoping to include many other pictures to this post, but thank's to our lovely Mediacom we have a very poor signal until sometime in May, and uploading pics is painfully slow! My apologies.)

2 Baby Mama's and a Grandma
Cupcake Toppers - thanks to the creative design of Joanna!!
  
Playing a competitive game of Bridal Bingo

Comments

  1. It looks like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the onesie Stephanie, you did a great job!! What will be your next project?

    /Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sure did have a great time! The cupcakes were such a hit, Joanna - thanks again!!!
    Annette, I don't really know. Maybe more of the same, in larger onesie sizes... I'm thinking this could be his outfit for the milestone pictures (1 month, 2 month, 3 month, etc.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts