Happy Mother's Day

This morning was the start of my first (pre) Mother's Day celebration. I decided to sleep in, after being up late last night and being exhausted from planting my garden and doing some yard work yesterday.






SO - I was awakened to the sound of 'the world's best husband' coming into our bedroom with breakfast. Of course, he always does a great job going out of his way to surprise me and make me feel special.



Don't worry - I shared one... :-)

Yes, I was spoiled by this delicious box of donuts and a big glass of milk! Yum!!!

After breakfast, Darek and I watched a really interesting documentary, after which I promptly went back to sleep. What a nice treat it was to sleep in.
We took a nice walk downtown to look at some hanging flower baskets, and headed home just as it was starting to sprinkle out. The timing couldn't have been better!!

A little later, Darek's parents came up and we headed out to an early supper. We ended up going to the 5-8 Club, and had some Juicy Lucy's. We also each had our share of something fried and delicious. You can see the pile of onion straws that came with our supper. :-) 









And that is one FULL belly afterward...

All in all, it was a very nice day! We enjoyed our time as a family, and look forward to celebrating Mother's Day next year with our little boy in tow. :-)

If you are a mother, or long to be a mother I hope you had a great day with the ones you love!

~Steph

Comments

Popular Posts