Oh, what a wonderful Birthday...

Yep, you guessed it! Yesterday was my final birthday in my 20's. YIKES! It's still hard to really say that I'm 29, and I'm sure it's even more difficult for my parents to think that their baby is 29. Wowzers!
All in all it was a great day, though. This year I decided not to take the day off of work (which I generally don't do, but have done the past 2 years). I stopped by Caribou Coffee on my way in to work to pick up a Mint (milk chocolate) Snow Drift with my free Happy Bou-Day coupon.


This was a most delicious way to start my morning!

Where I work, we always have a 'birthday lunch' for the birthday person, and they are allowed to choose any restaurant they would like. :-) Yes, I said ANY! Naturally, I chose Bacio! It's a delicious Italian restaurant, specializing in local and fresh ingredients. I ordered a Parmesan, mushroom flatbread with truffle sauce. Um.. Again, YUM! I also ordered strawberry and salted caramel gelato for everyone to share for dessert. This, too, was delicious. (Disclaimer: I only ate 2 pieces of my flatbread, and had 1 piece of my friend, Toni's Avacado / tomato flatbread. I did not over-indulge). :-)

Shortly through lunch, a delivery person came from Edible Arrangements! I knew instantly I was going to be happy but was thoroughly surprised by this. The arrangement was a gift from Mike, Emily, Jaxon Bear, Brodie and Baby Bemis!! How thoughtful! I shared with my co-workers, but we were all so full that there is a TON left. :-) I will be enjoying that again tonight.
It looked just like this, but in an orange basket and it had chocolate covered strawberries.
Once I got home, we prepared for more eating! (Why not?) We headed out after a while to P.F. Chang's in Edina. I had been craving MuShu Chicken, and this is the one place that has my favorite! So, off we went to eat a delicious supper! 

All in all it was a delicious sort of day! :-)

Now it's time to get packing for our Arizona vacation. 7 days of relaxation (1 day of work for Darek) and fun in the sun!
I'm leaving... on a jet plane... don't know when I'll be back again... (Oh, wait I do know)
~Until we return~
Steph


Comments

  1. Sounds like your birthday was a whole lot of wonderful! Wish I had been there to celebrate ... I miss birthdays at Accelerated Sports!

    Miss you and can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts