False Labor

Well, here we are... Due Date 7/18/11

Waiting (semi-patiently) for our little baby boy to enter this world, and make us a family of 3! Darek and I are both very ready for this addition to our family, and it has been a tough couple of days so far. Sunday night I started experiencing some strong contractions, and we thought maybe it would turn into something significant. The only problem was that any time I sat down and rested, they would stop. I figured that if this was the night for his arrival, then the contractions would continue and increase regardless of my active or resting state. How right I was. I had a very difficult time sleeping Sunday not only due to discomfort, but also due to the severe storms. I was not scared of the weather, but rather disturbed by all of the loud rain and wind... I didn't get much sleep, and decided that it would be best for me to sleep in that next morning as I would definitely have been useless at work. Darek and I both stayed home that day (Darek was able to work from home) in hopes that the baby progress would continue.

Well, contractions were off and on all day. We took an early morning walk, which Hunny loved, and then later in the day took a VERY long walk (otherwise known as a 'death march') to Lake Ann and back. Hunny was totally exhausted by this point, as was I! She is such a princess though that her Daddy carried her for a couple of blocks so she could rest. :-) OH, Hunny! I must say that she is quite the trooper, as it was very warm and sunny. I even got a little bit of a burn on the back of my neck. It was nice being out in the sun for a while. Again, contractions were coming and going into the evening, but nothing stayed consistent. The nurse at my OB office discussed what was happening with me and gave me some symptoms to keep an eye out for. I took her advice, and am now in the patiently (or not so patiently) waiting mode.


Here's to hoping that our baby will join us soon, soon, soon!
*He even has a name now!! (No, we are not sharing before he's born) :-)

I have to give props to my amazing husband for all of his help around the house, and his patience with me. I have been a bit irritable lately, and he always knows just how to cheer me up, or calm me down. I Love that about him!! I could not ask for a better husband for me or father for our son!

Keep us in your prayers as the time quickly approaches. I praise God that this pregnancy has been healthy and wonderful. I look forward to sharing the same through our labor & delivery story!

Until then,
~Steph

Comments

Popular Posts