Call me Elastagirl!

 Ok, so I changed my mind once again. (Shocking, I know!) I suppose this proves that I really can be flexible even when I think I have my mind set on something. So, the story goes...

 I was really set on not wasting money on a changing table for the baby's room, as it is something that will be outgrown and really not necessary after a year or two. My plan was to find a nice dresser and just place a changing pad on top, and then use the dresser as a dresser is meant to be used until this child someday graduates and leaves the nest. I am a very practical person, and thought this was a great plan. Well, it was a great plan, but it meant purchasing a piece of furniture that we were unsure we really wanted to purchase right now because we will probably just want to buy a nice bedroom set for our child that all matches when that need arises.
 Until this point we have not purchased one single piece of furniture for our home other than our mattress set. Everything we have has been generously gifted or passed down to us from our families and we are SO thankful for that! We are very proud of this, and had no desire to break that tradition.
 However, when we were out browsing through Target last night, we just happened upon this mysterious piece of furniture that we decided to purchase. The only reason we purchased it is because it was on clearance, and with our other discounts the grand total came to... Are you ready???  A Whopping $25!!!

 I know, I know! What a great deal!!! It's basic, but cute, and will serve a purpose. We will have to purchase some cute bins for those open shelves, but I'm certain we will easily be able to store the baby supplies and some clothes on these shelves. Otherwise we have a closet and hangers for everything else, so we are set. Once again, we are completely blessed. It pays to be patient and rely on God to meet your needs; Big or Small.
(Oh, and let's not forget that I can easily re-sell this on Craigslist for $25 when we are through with it. Good thought process, if you ask me.)

 I must admit that I'm getting quite anxious to set up the nursery! Hopefully soon!

Tomorrow is our BIG ultrasound day! Darek and I are excited and a little anxious for this. We thank God daily for our healthy, growing, miracle-baby. Can't wait to semi-meet him or her!!!

Until next time...
~Steph

Comments

  1. What a great find! I love sale and clearance items.

    Tell the little one hello from the Meyers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!!! We browse through the clearance every time we head to the store, just in case there is something we have been wanting to buy that is now deeply discounted. It makes shopping fun.

    The baby says HELLO back to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts