A great weekend for so many reasons!

This weekend was really fun, yet full of things to do. On Saturday morning Darek, Mike, Emily and I all headed down to Mason City, IA to help out with Suzy's new home construction. Don't worry - Emily and I did more supervising and encouraging than physical working, but it was great spending a good chunk of time helping out. I did cut a couple of outlet openings in the sheet rock, and trace a few others... :-) I also pretended to hold the sheet rock on the walls while other people attached it... :-) The house is coming along nicely and we are really excited to come back and do some bedroom decorating in the near future. This is very exciting for Suzy and the kids!! We cannot wait until they actually get to move into their new home!

On our way home we made stop in Medford at the outlet center. They have a pretty nice variety of baby / kids clothing stores so we decided that it was a good time to see if we could find anything we might need. We stopped in the Carters and Gymboree stores for baby stuff, and then off to Van Heusen and Old Navy for adult stuff. :-) Everyone bought something, so I would say it was a successful event. Emily even found a Colts tee shirt for me at Old Navy, so that was a super bonus! :-)

Sunday started with a fantastic breakfast in bed made by my wonderful husband! I woke up to a smiley face omelet with salsa and toast with peanut butter and raisins. YUMMY! This is a terrific way to wake up if I do say so myself. :-) I have the best husband in the world!!
A little later on we went grocery shopping and spent some time at The Home Depot discussing our upcoming spring projects. I'm excited for the completion of a few projects that really need finishing. Now, we just need an early spring and we can get to work before baby arrives. :p
When we got home I proceeded to make a Red Velvet Cake for Darek. It's his favorite, and although I skimped on the frosting between layers, it was still pretty yummy. Next time I will not skimp. Lesson learned!
Homemade pizza was on the menu for supper, so we both worked on that one, and by the time we were through eating, I was stuffed!!

What a great evening and great weekend!
Looking forward to more warm weather and a gradual thaw into spring! Bring on the sunshine!

~Steph

Comments

Popular Posts