Baby Name Wizard - I am not...

I never thought it would be overly difficult to choose a name for my children. WOW! Was I wrong! I am most certainly NOT the baby name wizard!
Choosing a name for your child, one that they will have for their entire life, is definitely a larger challenge than I ever imagined it would be. There are so many things to consider:
  • What will the initials be? (We don't want something like G.A.S, or even worse)
  • What kinds of nicknames will people come up with? (Kids are so ruthless sometimes)
  • What would this name sound like when he is an adult introducing himself to someone he really respects?
  • Will he have trouble learning to spell it? Will others have trouble spelling / pronouncing it? (Some trendy names are so impossible with extra 'y's and such. OR, they are just plain not spelled like the name is meant to sound. Very Frustrating!!)
  • Will he be able to pronounce it? (You may laugh, but there are a lot of small children unable to pronounce their own names for many years. How embarrassing.)
  • Does it flow when I need to yell out the window to have him come in for lunch or supper? (HERMANOPOLOUS (lol) It's TIME for LUNCH!!)
  • How about when he is being scolded, will the first, middle and last names all flow easily?(MARCUS SAMARIAS SCHWARZ! sssssss.... like a snake. lol. Not good!)
  • Does the name have a good meaning? (meanings: near a winding creek... or Noble, Brave, Honest, etc. It matters.)
 Jeepers!! We have actually discussed this and narrowed our name list down to a top three. I will not be sharing those names, but I am happy with the progress we have made thus far. I have included a link to the babynamewizard, which is a fun, interactive tool that shows name popularity across the years. Type in your name and see how it has fluctuated over time.

Enjoy! I know I have!
Click on the title of this post and it will take you there.

Comments

  1. Laughing over here with the list you wrote! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hermanopolous!! Haha! I love this post! Can't wait to find out his name!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so true...it is the hardest and most dire of all tasks. I think many people don't give it as much thought as you have. You are going to be a STELLAR mama if you think of everything as thoughtfully and carefully as you have about this baby boy's name! Well you will be a stellar mom regardless of this, but I think being this way will make you better than most. That's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is a hard fun task! we chose what we wanted their names to mean, and then did a reverse lookup that way:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts