Bump

I have a very clear and pronounced 'baby bump' going on... I look in the mirror and it just seems surreal. (I do have a photo, however I have failed to upload it from my camera for a week now and I will be gone all weekend. Bummer!) I'll get the updated picture on here ASAP! Promise!! :-)

Now for the updates:
I have been told to check out The Clothes Mentor for maternity clothes. Especially special occasion clothes that I really don't want to spend a fortune on if I am going to wear them once. Well, I finally remembered to do that this past Sunday, and much to my delight, I found a nice pair of Old Navy Khaki pants for $6.40 that will work nicely in the coming months!! YAY for good finds! That is not the only find, however...

Those of you that know me, know I am all about practical and functional, as well as quality.
I have been looking for a diaper bag that would meet the practical needs of toting around all of the things a baby needs, but that would also have some sort of style so I could use is as a purse too. Let me tell you; This has been NO easy task! All of the bags that seem to fit this description are either very expensive or only available online, so the only way to know if it is a good purchase is to trust the reviews posted. Well, you might see where this is going... While at The Clothes Mentor, I spotted a wall with a number of designer handbags on it. I ventured over to take a peek at the selection and the prices, and much to my surprise, I found a nice, black Coach diaper tote!!! I have never purchased an authentic Coach product, as I was waiting until the timing was right. After discussing this with Darek, the price on the bag was less than the cost of some of the diaper bags I had on my registry, and it is in perfect condition. (Including the changing pad, etc.) So, he gave me the go-ahead to purchase it!


I took this photo while in my car, so the quality is not stellar. BUT- I am really happy with this purchase, and look forward to using it!! It can also double as a laptop bag / tote. This is a quality piece of merchandise that will prove to be a great investment, I'm sure!

I have not made any other purchases in the mean time. I think now it is time to wait for baby showers and hopefully start setting up the nursery very soon. I am more than anxious! :-)

On a baby note - all is well! We are both happy and healthy. I had an appointment with my Midwife on Wednesday, and everything was just perfect. Now I get the thrill of looking forward to my glucose test. I'm sure it will be just fine. Thank goodness it's not for a few more weeks!!

24 Weeks (tomorrow) and counting! :-) I love being pregnant!!

Signing off!
~Steph

Comments

  1. Piece of advice for the glucose test: don't take in a lot of sugar for a couple of days prior. My test was on a Monday. The previous weekend we had gone camping. The only food we had left by the end of the weekend was a pan of special k bars, so I dove into them. Big mistake! :) I failed my glucose test and had to go back in for the three-hour test. Lesson learned!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, Kami! My midwife did warn me of that too, so I will take special caution not to gobble down too much sugar in advance. (It will be tough, but I can manage for a couple of days). :-) I really don't want to do the 3-hour test!! Sorry you had to go through that! (I'm sure the Special-K bars were delicious though).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does make you feel like you doing what you were meant to do doesn't it? Carrying a baby....AND shopping! You are going to be such a stylish mama with a COACH diaper bag....I am not even that stylish! Have fun...hope we see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts